1. Very easy to rush through beginning phases of a sales call.
2. Very easy to talk about what we want to talk about.
3. Difference between sales efficiency vs sales effectiveness.
Sales efficiency: getting in front of the right prospect at the right cost at the right
cost. And spending the right amount of time with them and no more.
Sales effectiveness: Converting that suspect to a client.
4. Focus on what the client is telling us vs focusing on our offering.
Put focus on eliciting from the prospect where they are, what they need, what their future looks like. The focus should not be on what you can provide them.
5. No sales effort is better than the foundation it is built on.
Get Started - Sell More Meetings Now
Consider a modified "strategy first" program as a first step.
Or, get new sales scripts for your team done for you..
Contact us for info.
We are focusing on two components of sales behavior. First, help people uncover and develop strong needs and position our services to meet those needs. Second, build value which differentiates us from the competition.
6. The emphasis is on helping the people we talk to come to certain conclusions or get to a certain place without us telling them.
If we tell them a conclusion it can have zero impact. But if through a proper questioning strategy, they can come to the conclusion we want, it has a great impact on them and facilitates our making a sale.
7. Much of the buying decision has to do with trust and credibility, and that can only come through interaction. One of the objectives in the initial sales call is to lay the foundation for future interaction. We should create the opportunities for interaction. That interaction will make people more comfortable with us and reduce the risk factor in making the decision to go with our company.
8. Query: where is your strongest competition? Does it come from other vendors or from the prospects status quo?
If our competition is the prospects status quo, we have to have a strategy to make people uncomfortable with the status quo.
9. We should know…
How to create the perception that it would be worthwhile to meet with us again.
How a successful sales call differs from an unsuccessful sales call.
How we differentiate our current sales behavior from our own future desired sales
The specific sales behaviors which have the most impact on our prospects.
10. It is important at every stage to get to the next stage. If we give too much at any stage, it may not help us in getting to the next stage.