Here is a sample appointment setting script that helped a salesperson go from 2/3 appointments a month to 10-15 a week….. more B2B prospects found by calling while increasing the size of the average sale and closing conversion rate.
Learn sales script structuring techniques that will help you craft your best ever phone script for appointment setting with top decision-makers.
Here is a sample sales script template that will help you do it.
Brief background: Salesperson calls me starting new job, starving for qualified leads and wants some sales script techniques and examples for b2b appointment setting. Wants to get off to a fast start but has no calling script examples for setting appointments. Within 2 weeks he is on fire with appointment setting, setting 10-15 appointments a week with his new favorite appointment setting scripts that work. Company owner is inviting him to baseball games in the corporate box. He starts to set appointments with companies he thought were beyond him.
Caution: This is only the first 30-second or so front end of a total appointment setting script path. It doesn’t give you insight into how he organized himself to have the conversations with the right people, and enough of them, to be successful with his new appointment setting scripts that work. It also doesn’t give you the script structures used to respond to sales objections that were used to turn “send me info,” “we are all set” and “call me back” into scheduled appointments. You need to have those ready along with your phone script for setting appointments.
Below is an example of an effective appointment setting script … then a brief analysis.
” Hi, this is ________ from Better Benefits Corporation.
We specialize in helping companies select and manage employee benefit plans.
Over 500 companies in the East Wazoo area work with us to control their health insurance costs without reducing core benefits.
Our proprietary data analytics and predictive modeling tools have proven to reduce overall benefit costs.
We would like to introduce ourselves and relate the methods and strategies that others have found effective in controlling their benefit costs. I know you will learn some things and if you think of us in the future that would be great.
Would you have some time in the next week or two?”
Your first mistake…. Thinking that the above b2b appointment setting script structure wouldn’t work in your industry, with your prospects.
Wrong. This is a great sample of a cold calling appointment-setting script that works and a structure that gets consistent results across all industries over many years.
1. This appointment setting script format is initially very direct. Don’t confuse direct with pushy. If a prospect has a need you can fill, you must tell them what you do, that you are credible and the benefits you deliver. Don’t let anything… anything… get in the way of your telemarketing script delivering that message.
How is a top-level person supposed to decide you are worth some time if your appointment setting script doesn’t give them some reasons?
The #1 reason why a conversation with a solid prospect doesn’t turn into a solid lead is that you did not communicate sufficient reason to meet. That is what excellent telemarketing scripts do. Turn a prospect into a lead by providing enough reason to meet.
2. There is clarity. No confusion. What they do, the benefits delivered and what they want is crystal clear… up front. Setting sales appointments scripts that work are crystal clear and value can be immediately grasped by your decision-maker. Appointment setting scripts that work will not let them ponder , question or think about what you mean for even a moment.
3. For an cold call appointment setting script to have a chance at success, you must promise them something AT THE MEETING that is worth their time. Remember, you are not selling your product or service at this point, you are selling a meeting. That’s it. Sell more meetings, you have a chance to make money. Sell no meetings or fewer meetings, you have NO CHANCE to make money. That business will go to a competitor.
Even if a prospect doesn’t think they will do business with you (and let’s face it, at this point, they are not) they should be thinking it would be worth it to meet with you, as they will learn something. Scripts for sales appointments that work don’t promise or allude to benefits way in the future (and they certainly don’t mention price or pricing.) Remember, your cold call appointment setting script must promise to deliver benefits AT THE SALES MEETING.
4. Tell them exactly what you want with your sales script… to meet, to introduce yourself, to share some valuable information.
5. Take the immediate pressure off. Tell them “if you think of us in the future, that would be great.”
6. Ask. Do you have any time in the next week or two?
You have a number of options when crafting an effective cold call appointment setting script…
…as to how you phrase your credibility and benefit statements. There are a number of ways to ask for the sales meeting at the end and to manage your phone script transitions.
Remember that your telemarketing script is only one part of a total b2b lead generation system.
Appointment setting scripts that work don’t help you if you are not talking to enough of the right people. Your script paths must also provide you a model response for repetitive scenarios, forms of resistance and objections. You also must have a good Plan B follow-up system and know how/when to integrate other marketing tools into your process for even greater cost-effective results.
Best wishes for crafting sales scripts that work.
Check out my book “7 Steps to Sales Scripts” on Amazon and the additional articles on this site,